Tuesday, July 21, 2009

George Strait


For our birthday's Taryn got us tickets to George Strait.


We had the grass seats but Taryn went early and got us a good spot. Which is a good thing because traffic going into the amphitheater was terrible. It took us two hours to get parked. We saw a LDS church about 10 blocks below it and parked and walked the rest of the way. We arrived during Julianna Huff, but I didn't mind. Then Blake Shelton played. I like his songs but was not impressed with his attitude. It was really hot that day and I was worried about the heat but once the sun went down it was nice. George is such a class act. It was wonderful and thanks to Steve's great binoculars it was like I had a front row seat. I don't know how he picks his songs since he has 57 number one hits, there was one song that I wished he had played and that's I get carried away. It's one of my favorites, but I could say that about most of his songs. Thanks Taryn for a wonderful gift.

2 comments:

Karen said...

You are so lucky to get to see him. He's one of my favorites. What a great birthday present.

The Rusty Well said...

Your Lucky I wanted to go to that concert so bad! My mom listened to george like every day when I was growing up and I think he has grown on me(: It looked like you guys had fun