Monday, October 19, 2009

Weekend with friends

We had such a fun weekend with our friends Ben and Jolene. We lived in the same ward in Layton with them and still enjoy spending time together. They arrived Friday night and we stayed up until 1:30 catching up on our lives. For anybody that knows me that is amazing. My bedtime is usually around 9:00.
We had the best weather. Beautiful and sunny. Not so great for the deer hunters but awesome for us. We took off on the four-wheelers up to Tom's cabin. Jolene got out her fishing pole and I said she should put a swedish fish on the end, she did and Steve and Ben told us that it was a dumb idea. About 5 minutes later she caught one. In fact she caught 5 fish while we were there. I enjoyed myself just sitting in the warm sunshine and watching. The men took off to four-wheel so Jolene had to kill and take the fish off the hook. We decided it was easier to kill it first and then take the hook off it's mouth. I was no help. I really don't like touching things.

Here is Ben taking his four-wheeler up a steep hill. He didn't make it the first time, but did the second time. I can't watch people do things like that.
The view at the top is breathtaking. You can see forever. Luckily for us there weren't any deer hunters.

Right before they left we brought the pistols out to shoot. I think I scared Ben and Jolene to death because I'm horrible at shooting. I really need to practice, I just wish they had really cheap fake bullets to practice with. The real ones are too costly. The day ended to soon and we had to head back to the real world. Thanks Ben and Jolene for the great time.



No comments: