Monday, December 21, 2009

Trip to Georgia

Last Week I was able to fly to Georgia to spend some time with Braelyn and Berkley so Heather and Kevin could attend a conference in Tennesse. I flew in on Tuesday and back home Sunday morning. I was so excited to go and feel warm again. I was wrong, it was cold. Not freezing, but you didn't want to venture outdoors for a walk. Wednesday I went with them to the library for a Christmas party and then that night we went to the Frog Prince. It is a cute movie with a wonderful message. The next morning before Heather and Kevin left we let them open the Christmas present from us.
It was a train table and the girls have loved playing with it. Braelyn loves to use the crane. We gave it to them early so that they would have something new to entertain them while I was there. I'm not one that loves to go drive places that I'm not familiar with so we spent alot of time home.

Berkely will be dressed and the next minute whe has taken off her clothes. She spent alot of the the time just in her diaper. She was happy so I didn't care. Good thing she has a layer of fat on her or she would freeze.


Braelyn is not the best eater and can go all day without eating anything. So I made her a Minnie Mouse pancake for breakfast and it did the trick she ate it all gone. Berkley will eat just about anything, so I don't worry about her.


I also found out that water is a great entertainer. They played in the sink with cups for over an hour. We did have to wipe up a few spills.

Steve was in Florida and planning to fly into Savanah Friday afternoon. Of course they delayed his flight from West Palm for two hours so he missed his connection in Atlanta by 5 minutes. Then they delayed more flights and he didn't make it to their house until 11:30 that night. We figured that if he had drove to Georgia he would have made it by 6:00 that night. I was just thankful he was willing to rent a car so I wouldn't have to drive and pick him up that late at night.
Saturday we made cookies and Braelyn loved putting the recesse peanut-butter cup in the middle. Berkley just loved the peanut-butter cup.

Braelyn is quite the character and she performed her version of Beyonce's single lady. She was so happy and good the whole time I was there and about 1/2 hour after performing this she said she was tired and wanted to go have a rest in her room. She never goes to sleep or takes a nap so we thought that was strange. We went in 10 minutes later and she was sound asleep. We let her sleep for about an hour and then went in to check and she had a fever. She was so polite and nice but would not take her medicine. She just layed there in her bed and kept falling asleep. Heather and Kevin made it home, but they couldn't get her to take her medicine. Heather did convince her to have a blessing. That night she wanted to sleep by us on the couch and we were on the air mattress by it. The whole night she would wake me up and I would hold her hand until she fell back asleep. Luckily that is all it took, but needless to say I didn't get alot of sleep. The next morning she woke up and felt alot better. We left around 8:00 and when we told Berkley bye she started to cry until I held her and then she turned to her mom and dad and told them bye and blew kisses and was ready to go with us. It was so much fun to spend some time with them. I do wish they lived closer. They have the cutest little personalities. Can't wait to see them in January.

2 comments:

Heather said...

That was quick! The movie of Braelyn made me laugh so hard, she loves watching herself so we keep playing it over and over. Thanks again for coming, and for doubling the presents under our tree.

Karen said...

Glad you enjoyed your visit so much. For how far away they live, you're getting to see them quite a bit. Now you can look forward to January.