Friday, June 3, 2011

Memorial Weekend and my new Toy!

We started out our Memorial Weekend by participating in the Kalemia 5k run. I've always hated running and would kill myself by just running 2 miles. It has bugged me that running is so hard for me so I thought this would be a great opportunity to train and get in shape. It was a great opportunity I just never took advantage of it so I about killed myself running the 5K. Me, Steve, Greg, Jared, Mary and Morgan all started out together at the end of the pack. Jared left us rather quickly, then Greg and Steve took off. I stayed with Morgan and Mary. At one point I thought I was holding them back so I told them they could take off without me. They said they were fine. Soon Morgan quit running and it was just me and Mary. Steve was about 30 yards ahead of me and Greg was no where in sight. After about a mile I thought my heart was going to burst and I wanted to just walk. I could walk all day and be fine. Soon Mary stopped running and I was all by myself. Lucky for me I am really stubborn and wanted to prove that I could run the whole way and I did. Not very fast, but I did it. I hated every minute but want to keep running to see if one day I will like it.

After the race and visiting we headed up to the cold, cold cabin. Our stake trek is in a few weeks and there has been concern that the regular route we go on will be covered in snow so they have asked us to see if there is a route they could take up at the ranch. As we were driving on this route we looked up and saw two of the ugliest moose you have ever seen.
Sunday we ran down to my Mom's church and it turned out to be my friends son's farewell so that was exciting to get to hear him speak before he leaves on his mission. We went and visited my Dad and Grandparents grave and then headed back up to the cabin. Greg, Lauren and their friends Kylie and Dustin came up with them. Monday morning we woke up to more snow.
After lunch we all gave up and headed home.

This weekend was a much different story, look at that sunshine and look at my wonderful new toy my sweet husband bought me. For the last two years I have been mowing two lawns every week. So this year my husband bought me this new lawn mower for the cabin. It was sweet, I mowed the lawn in half the time and it was fun.

The river is so high. I'm sure it's going to spill over it's banks this year. This is where we usually swim and the river is about 2 feet higher then normal. We haven't even been able to cross it on the four-wheelers yet.

During the summer the water just makes it to the pile of rocks you see in the middle of the picture. The willows up above are flooded with water and we haven't seen the worst of it.


1 comment:

Karen said...

Love your new toy - everyone will be fighting over who can mow the lawn! You hope anyway!