Monday, September 3, 2012

parasailing

 I bought Taylor a coupon for para sailing and gave it to him for his birthday.  Me and Steve went up to watch him and it looked like a blast so when another coupon came up I bought me and Taryn one.  I'm deathly afraid of heights and was a bit nervous that morning.  But once I was strapped in and we stepped down the para sail lifted us up and suddenly I was flying.    Unfortunately my instructor did not get us high enough up and 3 minutes after I took off we landed.  He acted like that is what we were supposed to do, but I was mad.  I didn't say anything and waited for 15 minutes for Taryn and the other kid in the group to land.  Steve was up at the top of the mountain and he assumed they would bring me back up for another ride.  Nobody said anything and on the ride home I decided I would email and ask for a refund. 
 Here is the shot of me heading down to the landing strip.  We did not get very high.
Taryn had a much better experience. 

   
 She got to loop-de-loop and enjoy the ride. She said she was ready to land and had a fun time.  I got home and sent an email saying that I loved my three minutes but the coupon said a 15-20 minute ride.  They quickly replied back to my email and said they would refund my money or give me another ride.  I choose to go again, so the next morning we headed back up to the point.  I had the same guy that took Taryn and he was great.  He took me for a long ride.  It is so peaceful up there and my fear of heights never came into play.  I loved it.  The loop-de-loop was my favorite.  I would definitely go again. 




No comments: