Monday, January 26, 2009

Snow-shoeing

As soon as we close up the cabin Steve and I are counting down the days until we can go back up. We get cabin fever, so regardless of the fact the I had been up all
night with the stomach flu the night before we headed out with Hal
and Kathryn. We arrived at dark and bundled up for the half-mile walk into the cabin.

There wasn't as much snow as last year and it was really crusty and wet. We sunk a few inches with each step. The stars were out and I realize how much I love being up there and looking at all the stars. We made it and entered the cabin that was a cold


38 degrees. So we pulled the table to the front of the fire, kept our coats on and played canasta. Me and Steve won the first hand, but after that it was down hill for us and Hal and Kathryn ended up winning. We will get them next time.



We had heaters in the bedrooms and slept great. We woke up that morning to a fresh layer of snow. Hopefully it is getting dumped on up there. We really need it. After breakfast they went snowshoeing. I didn't dare go since I still had the stomach flu. They were even able to find a spot to cross the river.

I watched them from the window and wished I could have gone.

After that we packed up and headed home.













1 comment:

Karen said...

Glad you got to go to your cabin but sorry you had the yucky flu bug. Your cabin is in a beautiful setting. Not too many people get to go to a real cabin when they get cabin fever!