Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The girls are back in Town

We had been looking forward to this visit for months. Kevin's family planned a trip to Disneyland so we were lucky that Heather had a layover in Salt Lake. Braelyn turned 5 in January but we kept her presents for when she got here. They flew in Saturday night and stayed with us until Friday. Then her and the girls flew to California. Kevin flew in that night and they stayed there until Wednesday and flew back here to Utah for a week and a half.
Braelyn loves everything you give to her. I also took her shopping to pick out her own birthday gift.

Berkley is trying some of Braelyns new lip gloss. Braelyn picked out a doll head that you can put make-up on and Berkley was very serious when she applied the make-up. The more make-up on the doll the prettier both girls thought she was. Hopefully their tastes will change when they grow up and wear their own make-up.
Braelyn loved having some sticker earrings to wear. Sunday was great having someone to sit on my lap and I loved watching Braelyn in primary. She has such a happy personality and loves being around kids her age. She makes friends everywhere she goes.
Monday was valentines day. While shopping I came upon a barbie and ken valentine doll that I just had to get for them. It's so much fun being a Grandma and spoiling your grandchildren.



Here the girls are delivering Steve's valentine present to him. When my kids were little I found this cute valentines song. You start out singing about leaving a valentine at a friends house. Then the paino plays a little part that the kids tip-toe around and then the music changes to a loud fast part that the kids run home after leaving the valentine. The girls loved that song and we played it often as they pretended to leave valentines. They left Friday and me and Steve celebrated our 28 anniversary. We had dinner at Texas Rhodehouse and before we ate we stopped at a jewelry store to look for a wedding ring to replace the one I lost in Kansas. I found three that I really liked. Tuesday Steve went back and picked out the one I chose. Wednesday the girls came back. Thursday after work we packed up and drove to Duchesne. Amy is such a great aunt and sends the girls packages all the time and Braelyn really wanted to play with Kiley.
Here Amy is splitting up all her change between the four girls. Kellee brought her two over and they played all afternoon. The next day the girls played again and we went to Duchesne's new Chinese Cafe. It was good. I never thought I would see a Chinese Cafe in Duchesne. Amy and Josh stopped by on their way to a rodeo so the girls could feed and see the horses.



Braelyn got brave and let us put her on the horse. Berkley was not that brave and was content just to watch them.


Braelyn even feed them. It was nice of Amy to take the time and pull the horses out of the trailer so the girls could see them.






We went up to Taryns work to see where she works and for the girls to see the minature horses. We had to laugh that we spent so much time visiting horses and they live in Kentucky. They had alot of fun playing with the cats. They found some twine and the cats loved chasing it. Berkley hates the sun so whenever she is outside she wears her sunglasses. We even had to close the blinds sometimes in the house because of the sun.
The best part of the trip for Berkley was dipping her fries in the frosty.












I loved very minute they were here. I loved reading them bedtime stories and seeing their cute faces early in the morning. I don't Braelyn slept past 6:30. One night I woke up around 3:00 and saw lights on downstairs. I went down and she was quietly playing with some toys. I made a bed for her on the couch and luckily she went back to sleep. It was really hard taking them to the airport and saying goodbye. Heather said Berkley cried for 15 minutes on the plane saying she missed Munga and Papa. I feel like I could cry that long also.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Oh I loved this post! Started with a good song in my head and just got better from there. We had such an amazing time thanks to you guys and all you did for us, it was just such a wonderful few weeks. I love seeing the pics that I don't have and remembering the funny stuff. Hope it happens again for soon, and very warmer! Love you guys very much!

Karen said...

They're such darling girls - glad you had such a wonderful time with them. Our anniversaries must be close - only we've been married 10 years longer!