Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Thank-You Steve

On our drive to Kentucky this Thanksgiving we stayed the first night in Kansas. As I was getting ready for bed I took off my wedding ring and the thought occurred to me to put it in my purse so I wouldn't forget it the next morning when we left. We got up early the next morning to take off for another long day of driving and about an hour after we left I started looking in my purse for my wedding ring. Searched and searched and could not find it. Steve called the hotel and they said they would search our room to see if it had been left. Meanwhile I am sick thinking I had lost my ring. I hate to lose anything, but especially something so sentimental as a wedding ring. The hotel got our number and said they would call. Meanwhile we thought it could be in our luggage or in the laundry. I didn't worry alot about it thinking we would find it when we got to Heathers. Once there I tore our luggage apart and searched everywhere. It then hit me that it was gone for good. The hotel had called and said they looked everywhere but could not find it. The lady seemed geniuenly upset that it was lost.
After we got home Steve called the hotel back and they said that someone had found a ring in the parking lot and that they would send it right away if we would pay postage. Of course we would pay for the postage. I was so excited and went to work with a smile on my face. Later that afternoon Steve got a call back from the hotel and said that the ring had been claimed and it wasn't ours. Something about this whole story seems fishy. Over the years I had always joked with Steve about getting me a big rock for a wedding ring. I was just teasing and never thought it would happen. We stopped by a jewlrey store on our anniversary and I fell in love with this ring. A few days later my sweet husband went and bought it for me. I have designated spots where I will take it off so I won't lose this one. Thanks Hon.

3 comments:

Roberts blog said...

STUNNING RING! What a sweet guy you have. Are you sure he didn't secretly find your other ring and then pawn it to buy your new one and pocket the difference? Just kidding, although I wouldn't put it past him. Just kidding again....kinda.

Karen said...

I can just imagine how upset you were when you realized you had lost your ring, but your new one is beautiful. You have an amazing husband - he's a keeper!

The Rusty Well said...

Very pretty ring! you have a good husband