Monday, July 25, 2011

Birthdays

My birthday this year fell on a Sunday, and being the Primary Secretary I got to go up twice to have the birthday song sung to me. Braelyn thought that was awesome that I was getting sung to. She gave me the thumbs up song and sang the loudest. Taryn got up early that morning and made me a birthday cake. Which I really appreciated. Greg and Lauren came up for dinner also.





It was really sad when a couple of months ago I realized that I was 46. Most of last year I thought I was 45. Hopefully I will be able to remember that I'm 47 this year.



Taylor often did this pose so I made the other three children pose like this so I could send Elder T, the picture. In case your wondering Heather is not putting on weight but I will get another beautiful grandchild in December.


We bought this ball last year at Costco and it has been a huge hit. Braelyn would roll it up the hill, climb in and roll down it. We thought Berkley would be brave this year and try it, but no amount of coaching would make her do it. At least this year she climbed into it.






Steve's birthday fell on a Tuesday. The weather that morning was stormy and cloudy and we about cancelled going boating. Luckily we didn't and had an awesome time. We went up to Deer Creek.









We love to go up Snow's Canyon and just play around in the water. It was nice this year because the girls didn't mind wearing the life jackets.





I asked Braelyn if she wanted to ride on the skim skate and she said yes. I laid behind her and steadied the board. She was kneeling on top of it and Steve took off. She loved it. After she was done I decided to give the skim skate a try. I can get up, but could not get myself out of the wake.





Braelyn took the job of steering the boat very seriously. She would look at the compass and ask which way she should go. Every time we got in the car she would tell us what way the car was headed.


Berkley also needed a turn.


The old man looked pretty good.

I was so excited that night to go home and give Steve his pumpkin pie. I got up early at 6:00 to make it, and I hate making pumpkin pies. It looked amazing but after a couple of bites I realized that I had forgotten the sugar. It tasted horrible. I am getting old so I'll blame it on my age. Happy Birthday to us.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Congrats on becoming a grandmama again! That's exciting. Pumpkin pie without sugar doesn't sound very good - I once made a peach pie and grabbed the cayenne pepper instead of cinammon - it tasted horrible! All that work just to dump it in the garbage!