Thursday, August 11, 2011

Boating

This has been a crazy summer. I can't believe it is August already. The sad thing is thinking soon we will be putting the boat away. Usually we pull the boat out in May and go a couple of times. By the end of June we had only gone boating one time and that was on Utah Lake.



So when Steve's birthday rolled around and we had Heather and the girls we ventured out to Deer Creek. It was stormy that morning and we thought about not going a few times, but it turned into an awesome day on the lake. It was my first time skiing this year and I wish I could explain how fun it is to be out there on a ski. Nothing like it and I hope to be doing it for years to come. We let Braelyn drive the boat and she was so serious about it. She would look at the compass and ask us what way she should go.




The old man still looks pretty good.



Braelyn just loved being pulled behind the boat on the skim skate. Next year we need to buy some little ski's and get her up on them.








Finally we got out to Starvation. It is my favorite lake. This year it is so full that there are tons of cliffs to jump. I talked Braelyn into swimming over to these little rocks and jumping off them.








The big sandy beach isn't so big this year. Most of it is under water, but we had to stop and play in the sand for awhile. I had Braelyn and Berkley over at Indian Bay for awhile and we had the sand toys. Berkley does not like to get dirty and told me that the wet sand was the ugly sand and the dry sand was the pretty sand. I also had to rinse out her bucket numerous times because it was dirty. Berkley stayed on the boat when we stopped here.




With two kids out of state we have had to go boating a couple of times by ourselves. With the exception of nobody to spot while we are skiing we totally love just hanging out alone. Too bad after one ski we are tired and just want to lay around, because that water looks pretty nice. I'm hoping for a calm Fall and being able to boat until October.




2 comments:

Heather said...

It was a good year, Braelyn sure had a great time but I am getting a little seasick just thinking about her driving! Even Berkley loved jumping into the water, so much fun and maybe Kevin will even get up on a ski next time. I am glad you share your toys with us.

Karen said...

I agree - we'd better be able to go boating Sept and Oct to make up for a late start! So glad you had a fun day on the lake with those cute granddaughters!