Monday, October 17, 2011

Guns, guns and more guns

The last two weekends out to the cabin we seem to have a theme going. Steve got a shotgun for Christmas and this is only the second time he has got it out. Lauren's family came out for General Conference and after the second session before they had to leave for Priesthood we got the guns out. I even tried the shotgun and the 22. Neither of them have a kick so it was fun. The 22 I could hit the target, but I missed the clay pigeons with the shot-gun. Lauren's sister Sidney came out to shoot with us and even hit one of the pigeons.

I then had to bring out my 9mm and let everyone try it out.

It is a fun gun to shoot, but really loud. I am proud to say that I hit the target with my gun.

Larry brought out his 22 to practice with.





Last weekend our friends the Yardley's came out and Brian brought a couple of his guns. Steve and Brian spent a lot of time shooting.


Brian brought out his 223 assault rifle. They stuck some cans across the river and the bullet would shatter the cans. I had to try this one and could not get the scope to work for me. It was loud but did not have a kick at all. I am going to have to practice looking through a scope so I can one day hit a can with a rifle.




Both Kayden and Keyana shot it. It is nice that we have a place where it is safe to practice shooting.

1 comment:

Karen said...

I've never shot a gun in my life - I keep thinking I should try it. Glad you have a place to practice.
Looks like you had a fun time with family and friends.