Sunday, September 25, 2011

It doesn't get better then this.

Steve wanted to take the boat out one last time before we stored it for the winter. He talked to Taryn and she was able to come out that Friday. We were up to the cabin and when we woke up it was 35 degrees. That really doesn't make you want to get your swimming suit on.

We meet Taryn in Duchesne and headed up to the lake. The site that greeted us was pure glass.



Steve hasn't had really nice water this year so we let him go first. He said that he couldn't figure out what this sound was when he was out skiing, but it finally dawned on his the water was so smooth you could hear your ski cutting through it.


I went next and words can't describe skiing on glass. I almost fell twice because the water was so smooth that my ski slipped on me. I do remember going behind the boat and thinking it was rough. Which is funny because you usually go behind the boat because it's smoother.

Have I ever told you that Starvation is my favorite lake. Not to mention but I was baptized just over to the right of this picture. It was a great day just us and a few fishing boats.

1 comment:

Karen said...

We're both spoiled with the perfect end of the season glassy water! What a way to end it though!