Monday, September 29, 2008

No Camera

We left early Thursday morning to go up to the cabin. As soon as we hit Woodland and I saw the beautiful fall colors I thought about taking a picture. Then I realized that in our hurry we left it at home. The drive was beautiful. At the cabin we thought we could relax more, but of course we found plenty of things to do and each night we would crash with exhaustion. Friday night we decided to cross the river and head up the valley by the cabin. Steve was driving and to the side I noticed a big black shape, then I saw the antlers and realized it was a Moose. The first thing that ran through my mind was that more people are killed in Alaska from Moose attacks then bear attacks. So I yelled at Steve to look, wondering how we could turn the four-wheeler around and if we could go faster then a moose. I didn't need to worry, the Moose looked at us and then turned and walked across the river and up the mountain. It was a big old bull Moose. Later that night Steve went looking and saw a couple of Elk and a three-point deer. And of course we didn't have our camera. Saturday we went for a drive up Rhodes Canyon. At times you felt like you were driving through a tunnel of trees and around every corner we were astonished at how beautiful it was. At one spot all the trees were a bright orange. The camera is going in the car today so I will have it this week to take pictures of nature in all its splendor.

1 comment:

Roberts blog said...

I don't even want to think of the missed opportunities I've had because I either forgot my camera, or it's out of battery. I believe you though, I can just imagine how beautiful it must have been.