Saturday, October 4, 2008

High-School Friends Sleepover

This Wednesday Gini, Teresa, Annette, Leisa and Toni my friends from high school came up to the cabin for a day and night of talking, eating and catching up on each other's lives. We started this tradition last year and decided that we need to continue it every year. So each fall we plan to get together. After lunch we decided if we wanted to see the fall colors we better take off. The sky was black and we didn't want to get caught in a downpour. We went up Rhodes Canyon and were amazed at how beautiful it was. After driving for awhile we pulled over for pictures. While we were taking the pictures we heard a couple of gun shots and with the dark clouds we headed for home. Everyone was covered with a thin layer of dust. Toni arrived around 6:00. After working so hard riding the four-wheelers we started dinner. Annette's brother Terry was nice enough to bring us up a homemade pie made in the dutch oven for desert. We talked some more and Teresa left for home around 10:00. We were still going at 11:00 and turned on a movie. That wasn't the best idea because we all fell asleep watching it. We retired to our beds around midnight and at 6:30 that morning I could hear talking. I was determined to stay in bed and was hoping I would fall back asleep. Finally at 7:30 I knew that sleep was not going to come I got up. Everyone else was awake so we put in the movie and finished watching it. Then with everyone's help we had a big breakfast and lingered until noon when everyone figured they better go home and become Mom again. I can't believe I was so lucky to grow up with such great friends. I can't wait for next year. We do appreciate Toni flying in from Florida to join us.




Leisa (yes she spells her name just like me) gave me a sign that reads "what happens in the cabin stays in the cabin" I guess that will be our theme.










1 comment:

Leisa said...

That was a fun weekend. We should get together again before next year. The next time you are at your mom's give me a call and we could go out to lunch or something. Thanks for letting us stay at your awesome cabin!