Friday, February 20, 2009

Taylor's 18 birthday

It's hard to believe that eighteen years ago on the 18th Taylor was born. Time flies by too fast. I went to the dr's for my appointment. Taylor wasn't due for another week. I had been having some back pain that day, but didn't think much of it. At my appointment the dr. told me that I was in labor and dilated to a five. He told me to check-in
at the hospital. You would think by the time you had your fourth child you would know when you where in labor. But I had never had back labor before. He was born a few hours later and weighed 9lbs and 7 ozs. Thank goodness he came a week early.

He was also born on our anniversary and made a wonderful gift. He's a great kid and I could not be more proud of him. He had a great birthday. His friend brought over chocolate muffins for breakfast. During school they had an assembly for the kids with perfect attendence. They gave them lunch and had a drawing for prizes. He won the big prize that day of a portable dvd player with headphones. Then that night his other friend had made him a cake. It was a penguin and I couldn't believe that an 17-year old boy could be that creative. Now all of Taylor's friends expect a cute cake from Travis. Next week I am going to Florida with Steve and then we will celebrate our anniversary.


4 comments:

Leisa said...

I didn't realize we had kids with the same birthday...and your anniversary. Have fun in Florida. At least you will get some warm weather!

Karen said...

Taylor sure looks a lot like Steve. It's funny how every delivery can be so different. Have a well deserved rest and soak up all that heat and sunshine!

Lindsay Family said...

Is Taylor your youngest? He is so handsome. Dakoda turns 16 in March and I am SCARED to death.

lauren elizabeth said...

What a cute blog you have, Leisa! I miss you guys. I can't believe Tay is 18. He really is such a great person. He has made me laugh so hard so many times. I hope all is well with your family and have fun in Florida!