Sunday, March 1, 2009

With Steve traveling every third week to Florida I try to join him one week each year. The first few years I was fine the first couple of days with just relaxing and reading a book by the ocean or pool. But after two days of sitting around I would get restless almost to the point of asking the maids if I could help them clean, just to be doing something.
That has certainly changed. I am now very capable of rolling out of bed, having breakfast with Steve and then parking myself by the pool until lunch. After lunch changing back into my swimsuit and sitting until Steve gets off work. I have no problem with relaxing and taking it easy. Steve would ask me every morning if I wanted to drop him off so I could have the car to go shopping. I never took him up on the offer. The weather was nice but not really warm, somedays I was the only crazy one sitting by the pool in a swimsuit.

I enjoyed spending the week with Steve and eating Mahi every night. I was also able to meet some of the people Steve works with and put a face to the name.
I'm grateful for these yearly trips and the chance to do nothing. Thanks Steve

1 comment:

Karen said...

Sometimes that's the best vacation - just to sit and relax. You'll probably have a great tan next to all us lilly whites!