Saturday, April 4, 2009

Unlucky mouse


We foolishly opened the cabin up a month too early. We thought for sure winter was over and we could enjoy heading back up there. The last weekend of March we saw the weather and since we had turned off the fireplace, and the water was on we worried that the pipes would freeze and we would have a mess. We headed out Thursday and everything was covered with snow. We had to walk in again and after getting settled we decided to go for a walk. We went down to the river and then started to walk back to the cabin. I was following in Steve's tracks and I stepped down and felt something underneath my boot. I jumped and ran past Steve and told him I had stepped on something. He turned around and there where we had stepped was a mouse. Either me or the mouse was very unlucky. I guess because it was so cold I told Steve to cover it back up with snow. Now that I think of it, we should have done something else. I do not want a mouse in the cabin. Good thing we went out because that morning when we woke up it was 1 degree below. Someday Spring will come and we will be able to drive into the cabin. I think we have decided that we need to wait until after General Conference to open the cabin up.

1 comment:

Karen said...

I think we're all wondering if winter will ever end this year. Who knew after we hit 74 degrees, we'd still have some of our worse winter weather! Hopefully, it will get better and you'll be able to get to your cabin easier without stepping on any more mice!