Tuesday, September 1, 2009

My beautiful granddaughters

It has been almost two weeks since they moved to Georgia. After having them live with us for a year it was really hard to see them go so far away. But I'm excited for them to have this experience and to be their own little family.
The weekend before they left was cold, Taylor called after his shift and said the storm has moved over Deer Creek and the water is flat and their are no boats on it.
We hurried and jumped in the truck and headed to the lake.
The temperature was only 68 degrees but I got some good water to ski on so it was worth the trip.
It's been so hot this summer that the girls didn't use the playhouse much. So we went in one evening and they had so much fun playing with the dishes. Braelyn was the cook and came up with some fun dinner combinations.

Braelyn would ask every day if we could go to the park. I really hate the heat and would try to distract her to do something else. So the last week they were here we headed out first thing in the morning. Braelyn is old enough to do things but you have to follow Berkley around to keep her safe.
I can't wait until the end of September when I get to see them again.

2 comments:

Heather said...

You are right, they are beautiful! I love the picture, I think I will print one to update my frames in the living room. We are counting down the days til the visit!

Karen said...

Good thing you get to visit them so soon. It'll help with missing them so much. Glad you created some fun memories before they left.