Sunday, January 17, 2010

Braelyn is four!

Four years ago was one of the happiest days of my life when a fat little dark haired beauty came into my life. I've always loved babies and I'm never happier then when one is in my arms. We were lucky when Braelyn was born that they only lived 10 minutes away so we got to see her alot.
She has been a busy baby from day one and always has to be going or doing something. She was blessed with fat cheeks just perfect for kissing and she got plenty of those. When she was about six months old Heather returned to work so I got to babysit a few days a week. I even had her for a week while they went to Mexico. I know why you have your children when you are young and have energy. She can wear you out.

When she was younger instead of calling me grandma she called me Munga. We don't know where this came from, but I've never been grandma. I'm just Munga and that is fine with me. One day during a rain storm we went out and played in the rain. She thought that was great and laughed and laughed.


This summer I took her out to the cabin alone with me. We got these big bean bags that when you take them out of the cover they turn into a queen size mattress. Up at the cabin that is Braelyn's bed. That night she fell asleep with me in my bed and I just let her stay but that morning she woke up and realized she wasn't on her bed. She is a early riser so I thought our day was going to start, but she climbed off my bed and unto hers and went back asleep. I had to take a picture of her sleeping. It is a rare thing. She has been my shadow since she was born and when I found out they were moving to Georgia I thought my heart would break. But luckily I have been able to see them twice since they moved and the camera phone on the computer is a blessing.

Next week they fly in to stay for three weeks, and I can't wait for a messy haired little girl to come down in the morning and climb up on the bar stool and ask me how I slept. Being the first she will always hold a special place in my heart. I love her energy and her ability to make friends wherever we go. She is so friendly and outgoing. Love you Braelyn and Happy Birthday.


















3 comments:

Heather said...

That was beautiful. I am glad you wrote one for her snce I can't until my computer gets fixed. She ha always loved you so much.

lauren elizabeth said...

That was so sweet. She is such a cutie.

Karen said...

There is something about that 1st grandchild and she does have very kissable cheeks! Hopefully the next 3 weeks will make up for all the time you're away from them.