Sunday, January 3, 2010

A great day!

This Saturday we had the opportunity to take Taylor through the temple. It was made even more special because he got to go through with his friend Zach. Both of these young men will be leaving for their missions in March. As goofy as they were I always knew they were good boys and would be worthy to serve a mission and attend the temple.


Grandma Roberts was able to join us for the session. Grandma Moon had to work in the Vernal temple so she wasn't able to make it. But we know both Grandpa's were there and I'm sure they are so proud of the young man Taylor has turned into.


We have been lucky that Taylor has had such good friends growing up. The Breurs have been great second parents to Taylor and I appreciate the influence they have had on his life. It was a great day and I'm looking forward to the time when I can have all four of my children in the temple again. Last time was when we were in the Nauvoo Temple and they were able to do baptisms for the dead. It was such a neat experience having my family all in the temple that I went through a whole box of tissue while they performed the baptisms. But I guess that is our goal in life to have our children worthy and able to attend the temple.

4 comments:

Karen said...

Looks like you had a great day. Good friends do make all the difference when your kids are growing up. Congratulations!

Lindsay Family said...

Mrs. Roberts looks the same as I remember her in high school. Please tell her hi for me and that she made such a positive impact in my life. I LOVED HER.

Roberts blog said...

Well said; You are very deserving parents to have such a rewarding day with your youngest child. Congrats to all.

Live Well With Judi said...

I am so proud of both Taylor and Zach. They are both fine gentlemen and will make wonderful missionaries. It must be so thrilling to take your children to the temple...and someday have each one there with you.