Friday, January 29, 2010

Elder Greg is home!

Tuesday morning I woke up feeling like I did when I was younger and it was Christmas morning, but it was even better. After two long years (at least for me, it went by much faster for everyone else) Greg was coming home from Brazil.
We flew Heather and the girls in from Georgia on Sunday. We didn't tell Greg that they would be there. Taryn had booked a cruise for the end of January thinking Greg would be coming home the first week of February. Because of the strict visa laws in Brazil they send the missionaries home a week early. She will get back in Utah on Monday morning. Braelyn remembered Greg and went right to him. It is taking Berkley alot longer to get used to him.

When I have gone to the airport I've loved watching the families as their missionaries come home. Last month I talked to a few Elders in Atlanta who were flying home from their mission in Las Vegas. It got me so exciting knowing that our turn was coming.
Greg was a little surprised that his younger brother has grown taller then him. I was expecting Greg to have gained some weight. When he had been out a couple of months he sent home some pictures and he had gained weight, but with all the walking they do in Brazil and the fact that it was summer there and they had no air conditioning in their apartment he came back with no extra weight. Maybe I need to go on a mission.
I've loved having him back home, he has only struggled with his english when he is saying a prayer. What a great experience for him and his testimony of his Savior is priceless. It was worth the two years to have him learn the things he learned and to become the young man that he is. I will need to remember this next month when I send Taylor out. It will be fun to see the next chapter of his life unfold. I'm sure he has great things in store.

2 comments:

The Stones said...

OH my goodness does Greg look older! Welcome home! I bet its good to have him back!

Karen said...

So happy for you to have Greg home. That must be one happy household with your granddaughters there and your son back!