Sunday, September 26, 2010

Missionaries and Moms

When Greg left on his mission it was really hard on me. I missed being able to talk to him when I wanted and his easy going personality around the house. He also always emptied the dishwasher for me and that's a chore I hate. But what surprised me was that I missed his friends also. While he was serving I thought it would be great when he came home to have all his friends and Mom's up to the cabin for a night so we could hear about their missions. I'm thankful that both of my boys had such good friends. All of Greg's friends served faithful missions and I grateful for their influence in his life.
When Greg got engaged and planned to get married in July I figured that the night at the cabin wouldn't happen. His friend Landon didn't get home from his mission until August so we couldn't do it before the wedding. Luckily Greg still wanted to and I have a wonderful daughter-in-law that didn't mind Greg leaving for a night.

A couple of the moms weren't able to make it and I appreciate Rebecca, Deb and Elaine for coming up. I didn't know Deb or Elaine and it was fun getting to know them. We had dinner and then sat around while the boys talked about their missions.
It's amazing to think that they each spent two-years of their lives serving their Heavenly Father and that they are still goofy.
Around 10:30 they decided they needed to do a night-time loop run. I just had to take this shot of Dave in my coat. I think he looks better in it then me. Greg and Taylor lead the way up the road in the ranger and told us that up on the mountain, Taylor jumped out of the ranger and hid on the side of the road to scare the other two four-wheelers. Dave and Alex were the next ones by and Taylor got them good. Landon and Jacob were on the second four-wheeler and didn't even get scared. Taylor said it sounded like a good idea to scare them until he was left by the side of the road in the dark. Jacob had to get to his job early on Saturday so they left around 7:30. Me and Landon's mom woke the boys up at 9:00 for breakfast and then they had to leave. Greg and the rest went four-wheeling, shot my gun and then packed up and went home.
This is the moon coming up over the mountain on Thursday night. Steve thought it was appropriate to take a picture of the moon coming up over Moon Ranch.
The weather was beautiful and the fall colors are out. The quakes are very bright and yellow this year. Good times at the cabin.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Looks like they all had a good time - glad the weather is cooperating to still use our cabins. Too bad the bear didn't show up to add to the excitement, but you're probably glad it didn't!